Wembley Ware flying wall ducks

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Joe Terni

Joe Terni
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:58 PM

This photo of a Wembley Ware display from 1956, is from the book, Calyx, Wembley Ware and Bristile China, by John D Thomson, 1989.  Of interest is the three flying wall ducks  as seen on the wall behind. It does appear it was only a one off set that was made, and for some reason they were not produced  beyond the only ones seen here. It is believed this set was given away at some time. I wonder if these three very rare ducks still exist, maybe in someone`s  collection? It seems somewhat strange that mass production of these ducks was not instigated by the factory, as from my memory many houses had these wall duck sets during the 1950s and beyond, and other Australian potteries of that era did make sets of wall birds. 

Attached Files

#2 lee

lee
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:56 AM

A mystery yet to be solved Joe!!!

#3 Jennifer Eisensmith

Jennifer Eisensmith
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:19 AM

I have a set of these ducks I did not know they were Wembleyware.... I recall them at my grandparents back in the late 50's and now they are in the United States with me... don't know if you look up replies to postings as far back as February .. I hope so

#4 Carole

Carole
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2015 - 01:49 PM

Hi Jennifer

I have been reading through old posts and came across yours. Are your ducks back-stamped Wembley Ware or have a sticker? Beswick also made a set very similar. Hope you get to read this as they are so far apart.

Regards Carole 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users