Calyx and Wembley Ware Canisters

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Joe Terni

Joe Terni
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:13 PM

I intended to add a couple of questions on this post, in regards to these canisters, but I will leave the questions for another post, so this post is just a short prelim on two of these canisters I have.  From Thomson`s book, the same shape canisters were made during both the Calyx and the Wembley Ware period. These two I display are both Calyx, but with different Calyx marks. We do have a set of these Calyx ones displayed on this site under "Calyx."  The one on the right of my photo, was my mothers, and I remember it during the 1950s, and I am not sure but it may have been my grandmother`s much prior to the 1950s.  Of course it has no lid, and I suspect when the lid was broken it was moved from the kitchen to become a plant pot in the garden. It was nearly covered up with soil when I saw it and recovered it a few years back. So of course badly cracked and badly stained, but it has sentimental value of course. So I will put these two on, with the different Calyx marks.

Attached Files

#2 Joe Terni

Joe Terni
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:25 PM

I forgot to add a close up underneath mark on the right  hand canister. It is not very clear, but all should recognise it. So will add it now.

Attached Files

#3 Lee

Lee

Forum Moderator

• Administrators
  • 33 posts
  • LocationBrookton

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:23 PM

Joe they are great photo's not much Calyx around so you must be chuffed to have these.

Unusual for two different back stamps - will have to find out about those.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users