Bristile/Wembley Ware Pie Funnels

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Joe Terni

Joe Terni
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:24 PM

Bristile/Wembley Ware pie funnels. The one I show here has the Bristile mark. I cannot be sure what is the mark on the pie funnel that Bisby shows in his book (Fading eyesight!). But I seem to recall some of these actually have the Wembley Ware stamp. Just wondering what marks are found on these and if they are all the same in size and shape?

Attached Files

#2 Derek

Derek

• Administrators
  • 38 posts
  • LocationBrookton

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:05 AM

Hi Joe, so far as we know there is only one size and shape (one size fits all) some however are thicker than others due to a slight difference in the moulds.  We have sighted three different badges so far, Wembley ware,- Wembley Bristile- and Bristile, have not yet seen one by Australian fine china but that could be because pie funnels were out of vogue by 1991 and not used anymore or simply because we have yet to see one.  Is your email now up and running Joe?,the website is due to be finished sometime soon so you will need it especially if you are still interested in helping with the cataloging.

#3 lee

lee
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:51 AM

Looks like it says Wembley Joe - but hard to tell

#4 Joe Terni

Joe Terni
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:18 PM

Thanks Mo, for that information. So 3 different stamps known for these pie funnels. The ones I have seen, did all look the same size and shape, but I was never fully sure. I have spent the last two days, still very slowly at present, trying to find the match to this pie funnel, so I could add it in reply to your post. I knew I had one of these, but only one, which surprises me, and I would have thought I would have seen more of these over the years. In fact I never  knew there was a pie dish which one could use with the pie funnel.  Mine is about 19.8 cm diameter across the top, including the rim, it is about the same diameter as the one shown in Bisby`s  book. At present Mo, I am not improving to any extent really, and I very much doubt I can get back into any serious work this year, so I have been told by the Dr. So I best not promise anything this year as it is a day to day thing at present. 

Attached Files

#5 Lee

Lee
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:39 PM

Hi Joe - gosh wish you were on the mend - but I suppose you just have to take these things one day at a time.

We have got a couple of coloured bowls like that Joe.  Dusky pink and pale green and of course the whitish cream one

like the one you have pictured.  Don't see them often but that was because they were bought to use and I suppose

they broke over the years.........

Wish you well Joe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users