5 replies to this topic

#1 michael

michael
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2015 - 11:28 AM

Hi all

can anybody shed light as to why a WW ashtray would have a BP logo on it

also the small dish has backstamps from two different dates

sorry -cant upload the front picture ???

any ideas why >??

cheers

Attached Files

#2 Lee

Lee

Forum Moderator

• Administrators
  • 33 posts
  • LocationBrookton

Posted 05 June 2015 - 07:38 PM

Hi Michael, I would think that the B.P. logo was added because they own the Kwinana refinery, I have no idea as to why these plates were made for B.P. but my guess and it's only a guess is that they were produced to celebrate some milestone at the refinery and given out to staff. As for the plate with the double marking it was probably because Wembley had a stock of stamped plates when they changed the logo and so just restamped them, again it's only a guess. The other query that you mentioned on facebook, was it about Bristile and could you please post it on this site for us?.

#3 Lee

Lee

Forum Moderator

• Administrators
  • 33 posts
  • LocationBrookton

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:54 AM

Hi Michael - these triangular ashtrays were used for advertising as well as having the usual

transfer prints of the dinner ware.

We have an emerald green shaded one with (I think flannel flowers in white like the dinner sets)

a pink one with gold cigarette rests with a white gum blossom with yellow tips, a grey one with

the Rotary insignia with 245th district underneath it and the "A welcome from the centre of Rotary Fellowship" and under

that "Subiaco" 1959

Then a pink one with a hand painted read heard with a gold torch (like the Olympic one) in the centre with National Heart

Campaign then under that (a pound sign) 215,000. 1961 and on the bottom right hand corner H.A. Leslie

A pink one with Australian Table Tennis (two crossed bats) Championships and at the bottom A welcome from the W.A.T.T.A.

Perth 1959

The a pink one like yours with Kwinana Western Australia - bearing in mind all of these were done when smoking was totally

acceptable so the Kwinana one was probably on everyones desks and given out to clients.

This may help you out a bit.   Lee

#4 michael

michael
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:53 AM

Hi Lee-thanks for the responses- I don't think it was me who had the query re "Bristile" though-cheers

#5 Lee

Lee

Forum Moderator

• Administrators
  • 33 posts
  • LocationBrookton

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:47 AM

Hi Michael - can't seem to find a query on "Bristile?" can you enlighten me please.

Thanks Lee (from a very grey and chilly morning here in Brookton W.A.)

#6 Joe Terni

Joe Terni
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:25 PM

I am sure this is the same as your one Michael. I fully agree with the comments above.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users