Wembley Ware Electic Jugs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Joe Terni

Joe Terni
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:22 PM

Were there only two different electric jugs that were made by Wembley Ware?  My only one is a different shape than the one shown in Bisby`s book.

Attached Files

#2 Derek

Derek

• Administrators
  • 38 posts
  • LocationBrookton

Posted 28 June 2015 - 10:14 PM

Hi Joe,  I have  seen four different types of Wembley jugs and this is not one of them, this one is Bristile as far as I can tell.   If you look carefully you will see the B at the start of Bristile and they are just as hard to find as the Wembley jugs.  Would you mind if I listed these photo's on the website but will need you to email them to me as these come up too small to be included.  I will list the different jugs and also the teapots that you asked about tomorrow.

#3 Derek

Derek

• Administrators
  • 38 posts
  • LocationBrookton

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:13 PM

All electric jugs have been listed on the website, 4 wembley ware & 1 bristile

#4 Derek

Derek

• Administrators
  • 38 posts
  • LocationBrookton

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:24 AM

4 Wembley ware and 1 Bristile

Attached Files

#5 Joe Terni

Joe Terni
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:38 PM

I never realised they made that many electrical jugs. Not easy to find. I always look at electrical jugs at fairs etc, but nearly all for me have been made in the East. I will send a photo of my one via eMail if you still need one. Yes mine has the Bristile  stamp. Thanks for that, and I am most surprised they made more than I knew.

#6 Lee

Lee

Forum Moderator

• Administrators
  • 33 posts
  • LocationBrookton

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:45 PM

The first one in the row is the Bristile one Joe and I think they made more than that.

The only other collector of jugs that I know of is packing up to move so I think that a photo of

that collection will be a while in coming - meanwhile we will keep on the lookout for any that we can

find....................must be hundreds somewhere!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users